Poem: I have accepted that it won't be different

I have accepted that it won't be different

I do not have the power
to alter it by my actions.
It won't change, and that is the way it is,
and I know that, recognize it
as true.  Things won't just be better
because it is what would be best.
The world is too solid
to be shifted by such things.
Still, I know, too, that I won't change,
that my needs won't be different
just because they are not met.
Thirst won't vanish
because there is no water.
I know it won't change,
that the world is not one
where those things are likely,
and I cannot expect better
than the way it is already,
just as I know
that can't change
the necessity
for it to be otherwise,
for it to be better in those ways
that will not manifest, that are not
allowable expectations.  I know
that what I need aligns
with what I cannot have.
That is what you have told me,
and I have understood it,
am not arguing it is wrong,
only that it is not alright,
that I can't be alright.
That is what it means
if things can't change,
and it is clear
that they can't,
or, at least, won't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now