Poem: I do not want you to talk with her about it

I do not want you to talk with her about it

I thought I told you that,
but now it is too late
and you asked
and I need you
to not have done that
because the answer
was cruel
and not acceptable
and that it was the answer
is a reason for me
to feel worse,
to feel like I
am being pushed away
and told I am 
not family any longer.
I don't have
a way to survive this.
I did not want you
to talk with her,
that needs to be understood
and you need
to fix it.  You did this
and it hurts me
that you did it
and that is not fair,
I know it is not fair.
You didn't mean harm,
you were helping
by taking responsibility
for finding things out
and I am not alright 
with you having asked,
I won't be alright
in the aftermath
of you having asked.
But you did it
and I am not certain
how to deal with that
or that I can. 
It is not alright.
I don't know
what to say or do
but it is not alright.
I can't deal
with another thing
that is not alright
which can't be changed.
It needs to not be this way,
but it is too late
for it to be 
any other way.
I need you
to understand
and do something
to fix this.
I need it fixed.
Even if it cannot be,
if it is impossible.
I don't care
if I am being
unreasonable 
or demanding magic,
demanding the world
not be the world that it is.
I do not care.
I need to be alright,
at least a bit.
I need that
or I don't know.
I don't think
there is any alternative.
I don't think I can take this,
it is too much.
It was already too much
and this is more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three