Poem: I do not like the way things are or the way I am

I do not like the way things are or the way I am

and the way I am
is not going to change
without things changing,
without an alteration
of the circumstances
and I can't do anything
to make it better.
I have been told that.
It is explicit:
I have no control
over the outcome.
I can try.  That is all,
and that is no good.
I know it is not possible
for things to be different
just because I want that,
even if it is necessary
that is not a reason.
But it is still the truth.
I need it to change
and it is impossible
for it to change
and I am not certain
of how to deal with that.
I do not like
the misery.  I do not want
to be this way,
but it can't be different
while these are the conditions
of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three