Poem: I do not like the way things are or the way I am

I do not like the way things are or the way I am

and the way I am
is not going to change
without things changing,
without an alteration
of the circumstances
and I can't do anything
to make it better.
I have been told that.
It is explicit:
I have no control
over the outcome.
I can try.  That is all,
and that is no good.
I know it is not possible
for things to be different
just because I want that,
even if it is necessary
that is not a reason.
But it is still the truth.
I need it to change
and it is impossible
for it to change
and I am not certain
of how to deal with that.
I do not like
the misery.  I do not want
to be this way,
but it can't be different
while these are the conditions
of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now