Poem: I am reluctant

I am reluctant

because it is nothing I want,
is not what I am interested in doing,
is not who I want to be
or how I want to be known.
I need you to understand
my feelings about this.
I thought they were clear
but I have heard you talk
and your message was clear,
your intention was obvious.
I do not like that plan.
It terrifies me
that it is a trap.  
I don't know
what to do, though.
It feels too late, already.
I need you to be responsible for that
but I know you won't understand.
You think you are doing the right things
and I am too much of a cowerd
to tell you the truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three