A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand

I am still finding it hard to write a new story each day.  Sometimes I am able to do it quite easily, but other days it is a struggle to get hold of an idea that seems to fit the shape of a story.  I try, at times, to just rely on real life, to write something that is more memoirish, I suppose, and not fictional, or just barely fictionalized.  This can work, though I am not always comfortable with it.  It often feels like I am being very revealing, and sometimes I worry about other people in my life being upset by something I have written, about what I have said or revealed.  I need to get over that, I know.  It is not that I shouldn't care about them and their feelings or opinions, it is just that I shouldn't let those concerns inhibit me when I am doing the writing.  I should realize that, just because I have written it, that doesn't mean that it has to be shared with the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now