A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Five

There is something nice about getting my work done in the morning.  Today, for example, Melissa and I have quite a busy day planned for ourselves, and in the past, when I was doing my work at night, I would always know that I had that hanging over me, waiting to be done.  It wasn't as if I was obsessed about it or anything, but it was there in the back of my mind, especially the awareness that I would need to stay up to do that work.  Now, though, I am done already and don't have that concern, and there is a subtle but definite shift; as a result I'm just a bit more relaxed, I think. I suppose that makes sense, though I hadn't really considered it much of a stressor before, I think that waiting do my work after everything else was a bit of an encumberment, and getting it done in the morning has, perhaps, liberated me ever so slightly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three