A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Five

There is something nice about getting my work done in the morning.  Today, for example, Melissa and I have quite a busy day planned for ourselves, and in the past, when I was doing my work at night, I would always know that I had that hanging over me, waiting to be done.  It wasn't as if I was obsessed about it or anything, but it was there in the back of my mind, especially the awareness that I would need to stay up to do that work.  Now, though, I am done already and don't have that concern, and there is a subtle but definite shift; as a result I'm just a bit more relaxed, I think. I suppose that makes sense, though I hadn't really considered it much of a stressor before, I think that waiting do my work after everything else was a bit of an encumberment, and getting it done in the morning has, perhaps, liberated me ever so slightly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now