A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Nine-Hundred-And-Five

I like the story that I wrote today, but I feel as if it is a fairly basic version of something that I will return to at some time in the future.  It really was inspired by a line that I read in a collection of letters, though that just suggested an idea to me.  The line was intended as a throwaway comment, a kind of snide, sarcastic remark about the end of the world, and it just tickled me in a certain way that opened up into an idea for a story.  I think, to be honest, that I want to make it into a short play at some point.  It is already very much a story told through a single conversation, so it wouldn't really be that much of a shift.  I'm just certain there is more to explore with it, though I am glad to have written a version, even if it is just a fairly basic first draft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three