A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Nine-Hundred-And-Six

I figured out a good idea for a story this morning, but I didn't feel quite ready to put it on paper.  I feel like it is going to be a bit complicated to get this one exactly right, and I have a number of technical parameters that I want to consider about it as well, so I put it aside for today and am hoping that I will figure out the rest before tomorrow morning.  One thing that is good is that I do have a strong sense of the plot elements and of where I think it is going to end.  The real challenge is in trying to tell the story in a particular way, as I do have a device in mind for it.  I know that at least a portion is going to be in the form of a letter addressing the main character, but I think it needs to only be a portion and probably near the beginning.  Also, I am wondering a bit about the specific tone and implications I want for the ending, as I can see a couple of different ways that it could be designed to impact just what emotional tone it lands with.  I think that I am close, really, I just need to figure out one or two details that will snap it all in place, I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three