A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Nine-Hundred-And-Three

I woke up at around four this morning and couldn't get myself back to sleep.  I didn't get out of bed right away, which may have been a mistake, but I only say it was a mistake, now, because I didn't fall back to sleep.  If I had been able to, I would be happy I had stayed in bed.  Instead, I just tossed around uncomfortably, probably disturbing Melissa and certainly annoying myself.  At a certain point, I made the choice that I wasn't going to get any more sleep right then and got myself up, came here, to my office, and started writing.  I already had an idea for a story, so it was not really that difficult of a thing to get myself going.  I suppose it may even be early enough that I could try to get another few hours rest, perhaps...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three