A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Ninety-Nine

Melissa and I went to an event last night with the artist and writer Jonathan Santlofer.  She actually took a class with him a number of years ago, and was the one who suggested that we go.  To be honest, I was not certain what I would think of it.  He writes mysteries, which is not a genre that I read all that often, but he was a very entertaining speaker and there was quite a lot that I connected with.  For one thing, he is dyslexic and discussed certain aspects of that experience that felt very familiar to me.  Beyond that, though, a great deal of what he said about his process as a writer and his approach to his work resonated with me about my own writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three