A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Ninety-Eight

I have a general premise for a story in my head at the moment.  I'm not going to get into the specifics here, because I think that often is a bad idea.  Telling about a story concept can relieve a certain kind of pressure that is necessary for compelling the actual writing.  I am bringing it up more as a way of observing my thoughts and process, and recognizing that I need to develop the idea into something that has a real ending before I get into writing it.  I don't know if I need a very specific end, or if it is more that I need to find the trajectory of the plot beyond the premise, but I certainly feel like I need to figure out what the ending is going to do, in the sense of what I want the reader to walk away from the story with.  I am not sure I know how to get from here to where I need to be in order to write it, but I am going to trust myself to figure it out.  The fact that I am making the choice to even prepare in this way feels like important progress in and of itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three