Poem: We Need A New Plan

We Need A New Plan

I begin to think of it
but do not trust that,
do not want to, either.
I want it to be 
as it should have been
and not another way,
and even if I do want it,
or just accept it as needed,
as what can be and must be
because of the way it has been
and how it has become,
even if that is all true,
I do not believe it, do not trust
that there is a way for it to be.
I have been through to much
to think it can be another way.
Why bother with that?
Why try or dream of it?
I know it cannot be left undone,
that it must be dealt with.
It is not a choice, really.
A part of me does not care, really,
I just want the destruction
to come and take me with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three