Poem: We are told it will be fine

We are told it will be fine

that things go too slow
for it to matter very much,
that our response will be adequate
to prevent negative repercussions.
That is what we were told
and I am trying to be calm,
to trust that it will be fine
and all is well.  I do not know.
I do not have any certainty.
It does not help to worry, though.
I do not have any action to take
no matter the true situation.
Relaxing might be best.
It would be.  I am aware
that it would be.  I was told
not to be too concerned.
It has not helped.
I wonder if a part of me
just feels much better
with all this worry,
recognizes the joy
of having an anxiety
that I can point at and name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three