Poem: There Were Costs to Consider

There Were Costs to Consider

I understand you want me to recognize 
and accept that way of understanding,
to notice why this is better and best
as an outcome, how it would be
and the troubles that would come
if it had gone any other way.
I do not need those lessons from you,
do not need to learn of the practicalities,
not right now.  I am not concerned
with that.  Besides, I can argue it all away
if I wished to.  It is not anything
that changes my perspective
or the loss I feel.  I do not know
if it will shift, but I know
this is not the answer.
It feels ghoulish and manipulative,
even though it is only facts.
I understand the reason
you had to share them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three