Poem: I do not want what is possible, I want what is right

I do not want what is possible, I want what is right

That is the problem
because there are wrongs in the way
that cannot be removed
without leaving some mark.
It won't be as it would have been,
as I want it to be, as I believe it should be,
as it was supposed to be from the start.
I am not good at adjusting, do not want to,
do not think it is alright to need to,
not in this case.  Not when so much
was done to cause this harm.
It is not good at all.  I must change,
must accept how things are.
If only that did not feel terrible to me,
as if it is giving them all permission,
as if it is saying it is alright
for this to be the outcome.
I want things to be well 
and they cannot be
if I feel the unsafety
of one who must pretend
all that harms them is fine
so the perpetrators don't feel bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three