Poem: Another Promise

Another Promise

You will tell me it is not your fault,
that you did not choose for things to be this way,
that at the time it was your intention,
that you did not have control over things,
the circumstances have changed,
that it is not the same,
that I cannot expect things
to be that way any longer.
It is impossible, now
and that is how things are.
I cannot accept that,
not again. You obliged yourself.
Prove that your word has meaning
or will you admit, at last,
that you have done me harm.
The very least you could do
is accept my pain as legitimate,
but you will only tell me
it is not your fault.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three