A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty-Seven

I received a request tonight to submit a poem to an anthology of Florida poets.  It has been a while since I had a request of this sort and it is always rather flattering and exciting, though I now have the difficulty of trying to decide on what poem I want to send them.  I have a few in mind already, some of which are a bit older but which I still really adore.  Part of the issue for me is that I write a lot and so I have a tong of work to choose from.  I know that I want to send something special for this, and possibly something that might resonate as a bit Floridian, which should not be too difficult, really, as I do have a fair number of poems that I think fit that description.  Granted, many of them are about lizards, but I do not think that is a bad thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three