A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty-Four

My day began when my mother called early this morning in a panic after having received a phone call about someone trying to get in her house to do some work.  She is still in New York right now, but I was in her house last week and there was obviously something wrong with the air conditioner.  I had arranged for it to be fixed, and the appointment was arranged for Tuesday morning, but somehow they wound up coming today instead.  Fortunately, I was available in the morning, but I had to rush out when I was still barely awake to be there.  I had intentionally chosen to make the appointment for Tuesday because I knew today was already a rather busy day, and I wanted to be able to get a bit more rest this morning.  I suppose it worked out fine, to be honest, as I have another busy day tomorrow and it would have actually been a bit of a tighter schedule, considering how long it took for the work to get done.  In any event, it is done now, so that is one less thing to worry about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three