A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Sixty

I am working on a list of poets whose work I want to read and discuss on my youtube channel.  There are a few names that have come to mind already, Wanda Coleman and Gabrielle Calvocoressi both came to mind quite easily.  Gregory Pardlo was suggested, as well, and I think that might be a good call.  I would like to think of a few more names, especially ones that are not so contemporary.  I have a few books that I am going to look through and think about.  I am hoping that I can find a way to make some good stuff discussing the poems on a variety of levels and connecting the ideas to things in the world.  My goal is to help make a connection that shows why the poems are relevant and meaningful, how they are speaking and teaching about important matters for our lives in the world today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three