A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Nine

I have an opportunity coming up for my work to be presented to someone in the industry who could definitely help launch my career.  It is very exciting, but I had thought, initially, that the goal was going to be to present a poetry manuscript, and now it seems that the better choice is going to be fiction.  In some ways this is positive.  I have a novel that I believe is ready to go, and I've had a lot of positive feedback on it, including from publishing professionals and other writers, while I don't have a full length poetry manuscript ready to go.  Even so, I do worry.  I know that the novel I have is a bit unusual, even strange, and it is certainly not for everyone, and. in spite of the positive feedback, I do have doubts about it, as is natural.  Of course, I would probably have a lot of the same apprehensions if I were sending her poetry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three