A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Six

I am doing a lot of research into anti-Semitism lately, and it can be quite distressing.  Some of it is very strange, and I keep discovering that many ideas one would think died out centuries ago still have some purchase, though it could be that many times it is no longer a literal belief but a metaphor, perhaps, not that this helps to make it much better.  It is fascinating, in some sense, but I have to be careful and not go too deep all at once, or it just gets to be too much.  It is important to me, though, and I think valuable work, as well.  I do wish I felt that I had a clearer sense of the scope of what I am doing, especially now that I have been working on it for so long, but there always seems to be more that would be valuable to explore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three