A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Six

I am doing a lot of research into anti-Semitism lately, and it can be quite distressing.  Some of it is very strange, and I keep discovering that many ideas one would think died out centuries ago still have some purchase, though it could be that many times it is no longer a literal belief but a metaphor, perhaps, not that this helps to make it much better.  It is fascinating, in some sense, but I have to be careful and not go too deep all at once, or it just gets to be too much.  It is important to me, though, and I think valuable work, as well.  I do wish I felt that I had a clearer sense of the scope of what I am doing, especially now that I have been working on it for so long, but there always seems to be more that would be valuable to explore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now