A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Thirty-Eight

Melissa and I arrived at our house in Florida tonight.  It was another long day of driving, and a bit stressful.  Melissa did the majority of the driving today, with me just doing the last hour or so, which was her choice, to be clear.  It would have been a fairly easy drive if it were not for the craziness of certain other drivers, and some random, terrifying events.  At one point, a truck in front of me spat a tire tread directly at us.  Fortunately it missed the car, and the truck did not spin out or anything.  I don't really know if it was that trucks own tire or just road debris that got spat out from under the wheels.  I did get away from that truck quite quickly after, though.  We made it safely, anyhow, and I am glad to be done with the drive.  Now that we are back home, it gives both of us the chance to recenter and focus on the things we need to take care of for ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three