A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty-Three

I think that I am starting to get a grasp on how to put together the poetry manuscript.  I have a number of poems that I think will be the core of the book, and I think I am going to begin by just trying to get those organized in some way.  I think that doing that will help me to understand the concept. or perhaps it is better to call it a principle for organizing the work.  It feels like that is the best approach for me at the moment.  A part of me feels like I should get more work together first, but I realize that it will be easier to start playing around with the work if there is less at first, and it is through that play that I expect to really "discover" the book.  Once I have that core, I think it will be a lot easier to recognize what is still needed and where it will fit.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three