A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Fifty

 I have become quite good at focusing on my writing and keeping myself on track with it, but I have to admit that many other responsibilities in my life have not been getting the same degree of attention or dedication, and I need to find a way to get on top of that.  There are ways in which I have begun to take action in some of this, but a lot of it feels quite overwhelming at the moment and even the simplest tasks can feel daunting and impossible.  I'm dealing with it as best I can, but I recognize that I have been struggling in some ways.  At the same time, I think that this is the first time I am really able to even recognize the truth of this and admit it to myself, so I take that as a positive sign.  I have to remember that I was not always this committed to my work, so I can develop good habits and make them stick, it is just a matter of making the choice and motivating myself to stick with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three