A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Forty-Nine

I often wonder about the poetry that I am writing, especially because it has changed a great deal over the past several years, and continues to shift and evolve.  This is, of course, natural, and the more that I write, the more likely it is that I will find my work changing, I think.  I am always trying to experiment and discover, or at least that is what I am doing when I am at my best, or when I am at my most focused and motivated.  I try to find that state when I am writing, but I write a lot, and no one can be on 100% of the time, anyhow.  That is probably for the best, anyway.  I know that if I look at the poems I am writing now and compare them to work from even just a year ago, it is very different, and I think that is mostly a very positive thing, and I think that the uncertainty I sometimes feel about these new directions might actually be a positive sign, at least in that demonstrates a willingness to take creative risks in my poems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three