A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Forty-Eight

I have been spending some time looking through poems on my computer, attempting to think about the concept for my new manuscript.  I think that I am starting to have some idea of what my approach will be, at least, though not the exact nature of the book.  It is, as I have said before, a fairly intuitive process for me, and I think that I am getting closer to knowing the general energy I want for the book, at least.  I think that a book of poetry is sort of like an album, where each element is separate, but there is still a central aesthetic and vibe. That is what I am really trying to get into at the moment.  I do have a sort sense about it, I think, though I can't articulate it yet, and I am afraid it is too delicate for me to even try; sometimes, at this stage, an attempt to get more clarity can, instead, just crush whatever was beginning to emerge and take form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three