Poem: I Had Forgotten about The Pasta Until Just Now

I Had Forgotten about The Pasta Until Just Now

It has been waiting
in the pot
with the sauce.
It is not so long,
is not too long,
I do not think,
but it can't stay there.
I forgot about it.
I knew
but I did nothing
and then I forgot.
I think, maybe,
I did not want 
to remember.
I am not certain
what to do with it,
what container
will accommodate
all that is there,
let alone how
to pack it in 
when the fridge
is already so full.
I think, maybe,
I let myself forget.
I remember now, 
though. I think
I am glad.
It would be unfortunate
if it just stayed out
all through the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three