Poem: I Do Not Think I Have Seen The Moon Tonight

I Do Not Think I Have Seen The Moon Tonight

which seems strange, though
there are many nights, probably,
when I do not look at it.  I can't remember
if I saw it last night, either,
cannot recall just when it was
that I last looked at the moon.
It can't have been that long, can it?
Not more than a few days,
that must be true, even
if I cannot recall it in specific.
It wasn't an entire week,
I am certain it wasn't that long,
it could not be that long.
I imagine I would know if it were.
I should look at the moon more though, I think,
should take the time to notice it.
I am not certain why that is important
but it feels like it should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three