Poem: I Can Hear The Conversation

I Can Hear The Conversation

or not the conversation itself
but that there is a conversation,
that you are talking.
I cannot tell what is being said,
only that their are voices
and laughter, I think it is laughter.
It might be crying, at times,
some of it is ambiguous,
but I assume it is laughing,
though it is not certain.
I don't want to pry
by going down to find out.
Do not think
I am trying to hear
just what words
are being said.
I don't need to know them.
I can stay hear
and be alone.
You can talk
and I can stay here.
It is not as if
I am even wondering.
It is just that the noise travels.
That is all it is,
it is nothing more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three