A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-And-Three

I think that something interesting might be happening in the novel I am writing, but I don't want to jinx that.  As I have said before, it has felt a bit distant and has not been going the way I had hoped.  It is a different sort of book that I am attempting, so it is not that surprising, really. I've been writing, but it has gone slow and felt a bit dull, to be honest, but all of a sudden, I think that things are happening which I didn't anticipate or expect and which might propel it forward.  I chose to dedicate myself to getting this piece finished, whatever that winds up meaning, and I always sort of trusted that, at some point, the story would just have to emerge and take over in a real way, and I am starting to feel a bit of excitement about whatever is going to happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three