A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Eighty-Four

As mentioned, I've been planning out ideas for the rest of the podcast episodes that are scheduled for production.  At present, that is three episodes, though I think it is best to conceptualize them as a first season, so that I can limit my focus a bit.  The podcast, in general, is about getting a book published, and my goal is to make it, in large part, a personal journey, and that is going to be my journey.  I think the first season needs to focus, largely, on establishing the way that things are, and on establishing what it is that I need to learn in order to get to where I am trying to go.  I do have some ideas for a few people I want to interview, as well.  One person is an author who I have known for a long while, who now has two novels out and I know it took him a long while to get to this point in his career, and I suspect he learned quite a lot during that journey.  I also have some publishing industry contacts who I might be able to enlist, in order to discuss submissions from that angle.  I think that it will be good to limit the first few episodes to an exploration of the problem space, to defining what is wrong, instead of trying to also cram in the search for a solution, let alone the implementation of it.  I also feel like a large amount of the work to organize and structure it will need to be done when we have actually gotten the recordings done, so that we can know what the material is.  Until all those elements actually exist, it would be very difficult to arrange them into a satisfying narrative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three