A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Eighty-Two

I started to take some notes in preparation, perhaps, for a new novel that I have been thinking about.  I mentioned some of the ideas in a post a week or two ago, I think.  Specifically, I was talking about the idea of the story climaxing in a way that created a shared moment, one that exists outside of time and connects all the readers with the characters and with me, as the writer, as if it is a single experience we are all having together.  I have quite a bit more that I was contemplating in my notes, and it is still not all that clear to me what the real story is, though I feel it is on the edge of my mind right now.  I have a sense that it is partly going to deal with a question of what it means for things to be real, and what it means for them to be fictional, and about something being both at once, at least in some sense.  I cannot explain it better yet, as it is still just forming, but I trust that process.  My biggest concern at the moment is knowing that I am also still working on my other novel idea right now, and I don't want to put that aside, if only just because it feels like getting through that project is an important act for me right now.  I also worry about setting this new idea aside, because I know that usually means it will never happen.  I may need to do work on both at once, somehow.  That seems a bit odd, but I believe that I can do it.  I've read more than one book at once, and I am certainly able to write on more than one project at the same time, though I have not done it with this kind of large scale fiction before, but I think I should be able to figure it out, and it may be that I will get a synergy boost from working on both, as I have sometimes finds happens when I push myself in these ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three