A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Eighty-Eight

Melissa and I are getting ready to go up to New York and I am feeling rather unsettled about the trip.  I think it is probably going to be the last time that I spend at the apartment where I grew up, and leaving that building behind is not something that I am at all prepared for.  I feel pretty raw about a lot of things connected with the move, and I expect this will be pretty emotional.  On top of all that, I know we will be dealing with my Mom, who I expect is going to be a wreck.  I am trying to get myself ready, but I don't know how much I can do, really.  It is going to be a difficult time, but I have to try and make the best of it that I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three