Poem: There Was A Plan

There Was A Plan

I made it clear, I thought,
made the plan apparent,
explained what I was thinking
and why and how.
It was explained,
the reasons, the goal,
all of that was explained,
but when the time came,
I still do not understand it,
when the time came,
there was something else,
something that was not the plan
that you decided on.  It was not
what I expected and I do not know
what to do, now.  It is not clear
what you intend. I thought
we were on a team,
but you have plans of your own
and I am not certain
they align with mine.
I do not know what is best.
but I am imagining a way forward.
I am thinking it will be possible
though it may be difficult
and I do not know
if you will understand,
but that may not be important.
There may be ways 
I can make this work
despite your lack of recognition
or understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three