Poem: She Tells Us There Is An Emergency

She Tells Us There Is An Emergency

It is her mother.  She will not be coming.
That is all that is said,
until much later, until
she makes it clear she is in Brazil now,
has landed.  She says
she does not know anything,
does not know
if her mother is alright.
She has just landed.
That is the last I heard.
I do not want to ask anything,
but I do wonder.  I know
it is not simple or easy.
I have done this myself,
have been through it,
assuming it is that bad.
It may be fine.
I have heard nothing.
They say no news is good news,
but I suspect she would contact us
if she was not busy and distracted.
I can only imagine what is occupying her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three