Poem: I Was Explicit about It, But You Did as You Wished

I Was Explicit about It, But You Did as You Wished

Seemed oblivious,
seemed to not think
there was a reason
I said what I did,
but I will find a way
to make it work,
though you may find
it is not in your favor.
It will be unfortunate,
but it will be who you become
in the story.  It is the way
it must be.  It is a story.
Did you miss that?
It is a story, and stories
have to have characters,
have to have people
with roles to play.
I think you chose
who you will become
in the story.  I don't think
it is who you want to be,
but it is what you did,
it will make you someone.
I think I know who it will make you,
but I am not certain.
I am only the writer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three