Poem: I Guess It Won't Be Getting Better Between Us

I Guess It Won't Be Getting Better Between Us

Why is it
I am the one
who is expected
to face the consequences
but you did this to me
and are free to go
and do as you please?
I do not think
you care at all.
If you can't be here,
if you can't accept
that you are obligated
because of what you did,
that is evidence
you do not want
to make things better.
You are only interested
in having your way,
which is how this started.
You chose to ignore
the harm you were doing
because of what you wanted,
and now that it is too late 
for anything to be done,
now that you have damaged
my life irrevocably,
now, you want to walk away
as if it is fine
for you to do that.
I can't be trapped
by your misdeeds
while you are free
to do as you wish,
not when you also say
you want to make it better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three