A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Twenty-Four

I have been continuing to work on this new novel for a while now, but it feels like I am still not making a great deal of progress with it.  I am still at the start of the story, really, and am not certain how to progress exactly.  I have a strong sense of the themes and ideas that are involved, but I am just finding it difficult to put this into a specific plot.  A large part of the difficulty, I think, is that I am trying to do this in a more traditional kind of story form, and that is not natural for me.  I am holding back from being narratively experimental as well, I think, as a part of that same effort to make this into something a bit more accessible.  The idea in the book is certainly one that feels appropriate for what I am intending, and I am not trying to do it in a forced way.  I would like to tell this story and I think it is appropriate to tell it in this way, indeed, I don't think I want to make it a different type of story or tell it in a less direct way, but that doesn't make it any easier for me to do.  I think that I will figure it out, I just am just a bit worried about how long it will take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three