A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Twenty-One

It is the first night of Passover, but Melissa and I did not have a Seder dinner.  We are going to my cousins tomorrow to celebrate, but my mother is up in New York with my brother and his girlfriend, so we decided to just go out for dinner together instead.  Melissa and I go out a fair bit, but this was the first time in a long while when we really planned a special night out for just the two of us.  Most of the time when we go out for dinner it is a spur of the moment decision and we often wind up at one of the same few places near our home that we always go to.  We've been so overwhelmed with things, I suppose it is not all that surprising that the stress has us acting this way, but I can't help noticing that taking time to be together this way and to do something more deliberate and planned out that is for our own enjoyment might be a key thing for relieving some of that same stress.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three