A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Forty-Five

Today, I was supposed to attend the second and last session of a workshop I was taking on spoon carving.  I had been working on a ramen spoon and it was going quite well, but I don't know that I will be able to finish it, now.  Obviously, I wasn't going to break quarantine to go to the class.  I thought about going and wearing a mask the whole time, but I know that if I was in a class and someone else came who had been exposed to Covid, I wouldn't be all that happy even if they were masked up.  I am a bit sad about it, but it couldn't be helped.  I do wish that I thought it would be possible to finish, but the second class is about a different aspect of the process, I think, not to mention that the instructor has the various materials.  It may be that the woman who taught this class will do it again, but not for a long while.  She works as a cook on a ship and was telling us last week that she is preparing for several months at sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three