A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Forty-Four

Melissa has been quarantining downstairs in the bedroom and I am up in my office right now.  We did sit outside together, socially distanced and with masks on, and even then, it was only for a few minutes.  Still, it was nice.  I think that I am going to try to do some grilling tomorrow evening, and I wonder if Melissa might sit outside while I am cooking to keep me company.  Ironically, she has been feeling better the last day or so, since she actually tested positive.  Earlier in the week she had aches and was feeling very tired, nothing all that specific or acute, but a general malaise, but she tells me that has largely passed and she is feeling a lot better right now.  It may be that she will start testing negative pretty soon, though I know we are supposed to keep the quarantine up for a few days after that.  I wonder if the doctor would allow me to spend time with her at home if she is negative and we are both staying home and away from other people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three