A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Six-Hundred-And-Seventeen

I have a fairly productive routine as a writer, with a steady output of new work.  At the moment I am working on three longer projects, all prose.  One is non-fiction, one is fiction, and the other I am not really sure what it is at the moment.  In addition, I am still writing five poems daily (six, if I include the poem that I post here).   As much as I am writing, though, I can't help but feel like I could be writing more, that I should be dedicating more of my time to the work and getting more done each day.  I tend to only get to work later in the evening, and I can't help but wonder what I could do if I were more disciplined and spent all day at my desk to write.  I think much of this thinking is a result of my having been far less productive for many years when I was younger.  I realize, now, that I left school unprepared for the lack of structure and support that came with that transition, and it took me a long time to adjust and find a way to both discipline and motivate my dyslexic brain. Now, I have a writing routine that works for me, but part of me still thinks I am a slacker and I think it may just be that I am afraid that if I slip up and miss a few days of work I will fall back into old habits and stop writing altogether. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three