A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Ninety-Three

I keep writing on this new novel but I am just making so little progress with it right now.  It is just going very slow and I am not even sure I have the real thread of it any longer.  Maybe I have gotten lost.  I think that the best thing for me is to just keep at it, though.  I don't want to quit or give up on it.  The core idea remains a good one and I am still interested in it, I just feel like I've got to get myself into the right groove with it.  It has been very slow, but I have been writing on it every day and I am sure that if I keep at it, at some point, there will be a shift and I will find my way again.  I can't imagine that I could keep writing and working on it with this kind of diligence and not wind up with something eventually.  I just have to keep going, I think, even when I am uncertain about what I am doing.  I trust that process.  I believe that it is inevitable that if I continue it will lead somewhere, even if I am not certain of things now.  In some ways, I think that uncertainty might be a good thing.  Creating requires entering unknown spaces and taking a journey through them.  It is sometimes important to leave room for not knowing and other uncertainties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

Part Three Is Coming