A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Eighty-Five

I feel that a lot of my writing, particularly my poetry, has been limited lately because of my mental and emotional state.  I've been pretty down for a long while, and that doesn't seem to be anything that is about to change, and one of the things this impacts is the kinds of poems I am writing.  I wish I could find some more positive emotions to build on but most of what I am writing is just a reflection of various feelings and the thoughts that are built around those emotions, and all of that is pretty bad as topics for poetry.  I know that no one wants angsty, depressed poetry, and I hope that I am steering clear of that, but I do worry.  At times, I would imagine, I must just sink into it, and maybe that is neccessary?  I don't know.  I hope, at the very least, that some of it has value.  If I am going to be stuck in this, at least I can hope to get something meaningful from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)