Poem: It Must Be Changed

It Must Be Changed

must be corrected,
but I do not have the strength
or the desire to engage it.
I am beaten already
by what has been done,
am hurting too much
and need to recover,
but that cannot happen
within this disarray.
The only way forward
is to make the choices
I do not want to make.
It is not good,
and nothing can come of it
that makes it better:
it was all disaster
and we allowed it,
not that we understood,
but our choices
did nothing
to protect us.
It is too late
for it to be made right.
I know what it would be
for things to be right,
and that is impossible,
and I do not want
to do all that I must
for it to still be wrong.
I have no choice,
but I can't accept
what must be done
as anything
I would ever do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three