Poem: It Is Not as Easy, Now

It Is Not as Easy, Now

but I do not understand:
nothing has changed.
It is the same rules
and I am following them
with the same precision,
but it is not as easy
and I do not know why.
Maybe it was my choices,
was a lack of forethought.
I did not plan it well
and made unwise choices.
Maybe that is all,
but I worry.  I did it
the same way as before,
did not do anything 
that I think was different.
If it was my choices,
why were they wrong
and why did I not learn sooner.
I would be fine with it
if I understood
and knew how
to make it as it was again.
I am sure nothing changed,
so it must be possible,
don't you agree?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three