Poem: It Bothers Me That You Gave It Away

It Bothers Me That You Gave It Away

did not get even the single dollar
that we were expecting.  It had been mine,
had been my book, and I donated it,
and not for you to give it away.
Am I being selfish saying this?
I do not think that woman needed it,
could not spend a dollar on it.
She was at the museum today,
had driven there and paid admission.
I do not think it was much to ask,
and I gave it so it could be sold.
But you chose to give it away
and I do not understand, do not like it.
I should not be upset by it, I know.
It is a thing that is inside of me.
I think I should be honest about it,
even if I recognize it as my problem.
I will try not to keep judging you
for this.  I promise, I will try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three