Poem: I Might Wait

I Might Wait

Even though I know
I should not.  It is time
and I should not wait,
but I am thinking
it will be fine.

It is not good
for me to think that,
I know it is not.
It is expected,
there are others

who have expectations.
It should be done,
but I am not ready,
do not feel prepared.
I have no energy for it,

and I think that matters.
I think it does.  You may say
it is just an excuse,
that the idea of it is nonsense,
this nebulous energy thing

that I am claiming,
but I think it is the truth.
In any case, I don't want to,
want to wait instead, but, I promise:
just until morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three