Poem: He Has Accepted Many Things

He Has Accepted Many Things

I know he says it is fine,
would tell me to accept things
as they are, would say it is silly
to be upset over it.  It is the way of things,
he would tell me.  I want to explain,
to have him understand my perspective.
I can accept he is alright with things
as they are, can accept what I cannot,
and that is fine.  I do not think he is wrong
for not being as I am, but it is not the same
when it is the other way.  I know his thoughts.
He accepts the way things are, accepts
what never came to be, the life that is
that is not the one he wanted.  He is fine,
has gained acceptance, he will say,
and he will tell me that I must change
and be like he is and not the way I am,
because it is much better to accept things
and he is all about acceptance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three