Poem: A Detail Overlooked

A Detail Overlooked

I should have considered that first
but I was not thinking about it
when I began, and now
there is so much done,
but it can be addressed,
will be, is being.  It is clear
that it was already known,
that the order of events
is not as essential,
though it requires assumptions.
They are logical, are not great leaps
but small steps, are sensible
and clear.  It can be understood,
even accepting this as the way of it,
even knowing that, it seems right.
Maybe that is not a good argument.
There may not be a better one,
or maybe it would have been possible
to do more, to do it right
if it had been started
with that understanding.
This is the way of things, though,
it is what has come to be.
It may be, anyhow, I am just worrying.
It may all be in place and proper.
I am not the best one to judge that,
should at least wait to consider it again
when I am in the proper mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three